Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Morning

The morning started out much the usual with the roosters crowing around 5:30 way before daylight hours. I'll be glad when they get on DST, anyhow after my usual quiet moments and a lite breakfast I pedalled out for a couple hours of pickle ball play. Afterwards I headed home to pick lettuces and water the gardens. Amy, Sam and GG were coming for lunch so I made a huge salad while Nancy was at the rec for her workout.

Well it seems the cartridge in Moen kitchen faucet is starting to malfunction so its time to replace that as well as the kitchen sink. Its been in there for 25 years so I guess I've got my money's worth. Nancy and I have to attend grand parents day at Ava's school this morning(Friday) so on the way home we will stop at Home Depot and pick out a new sink, faucet and all the accessories. I just hope I can get the old fittings off without any further damage.

I grilled a couple pork chops for supper along with sauteed Swiss chard and a salad. We both have to make a valiant effort to lose a few pounds by eating no starches with proteins and to limit our intake of carbs that turn into sugars. Yikes that will be hard to do especially with birthday dinners coming up in the next couple weeks. I can forgo the sweets but the smashed taters are hard to leave in the pot. After the cleanup which saw some water leaking down below the sink and into the cabinet we got ready and headed up to what will become our weekly get together for our house church. We are doing a study by Charles Swindoll titled THE GRACE AWAKENING. We got back to the house around 9 and then settled into American Idol. Wow what a few misfits in both contestants and judges, oh well!!! I guess I need to show grace but what has our society turned into. LATER

No comments: