Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday was definitely a total weather change with us not seeing the sun all day. There was overhead clouds to start the morning after what appeared a be a drizzle or light rain most of the night. It had cooled down 10-15 degrees but still comfortable with a sweater or light jacket. Around mid-morning the light rain started again and continued throughout the rest of the day and into the night. What a welcomed rain as the garden and yards with be showing some relief from the drought.

The morning started much the usual with the roosters dueling their crowing way before any dawn or daylight around 6'ish. I rolled out at 6:30 to start the day with my cup of green tea, quiet moments and then a lite breakfast of grapefruit before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of workout on the pickle ball court. What a great workout if the wet shirt is the indicator. I headed home after a quick stop at the library for a couple new reads.

I then headed out to my new dentist Dr. Brian Beirl office in Seminole at 10:15 for what seemed the rest of the morning and early afternoon to have some work done. This man becomes your friend and with us it was special as he started his dentistry career where I had my major dentistry work done when I entered the Air Force; the only difference was he came to Travis AFB in '75 and I left there in '73. I was having him replace a crown and install a new one on a tooth I had another dentist work on a couple years ago and this guy botched the tooth by not having the crown fit properly thus allowing bacteria to enter on the post where the crown sits and as a result decay started under the crown. Well since I had another molar on the other side of my jaw that needed a crown we decided to do both at the same time so it saved me a little money as well as another trip. It was after 2 PM before I was finished. This is the most thorough dentist, completely painless and he uses all the new techniques in dentistry as he also teaches at the local college through the University of Florida dental program; plus the guy is doggone friendly.

Well anyhow it was a one of those days when you get what you pay for and I learned the hard way by this other dentist who botched that tooth. Nancy just loves this guy and feels she finally will be able to eat without pain in her mouth and so far its working. This guy called me later in the evening to find out how I was doing from the days procedures. By the way his practice allows for referrals for a cash discount so if you use him he will not only discount your visits but the person who refers as well; not much but a little. So if you want thorough dental work call him and mention my name.

Nancy got home after working at GG's all morning with Amy putting her kitchen back in order after the remodel. I had a snack of a peanut butter sandwich then an apple for a late lunch. Carol our neighbor invited us for spaghetti for supper and we made a huge fresh salad from the garden, yeow was that ever tasty. Afterwards we played a game of Oh -ell and Dan slaughtered us with the girls being third and fourth. It drizzled all the way home as we walked into the cooling night air. We watched Idol and then got ready for some horizontal lab, LATER

No comments: