Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Morning

Well Saturday morning was just like a spring day and by dark it felt like the onset of late Autumn. What a swing in temps in just about 8 hours but that's Florida weather. Anyhow the morning started out with clear skies bright sunshine with just enough moisture in the air to make it feel like one of those morning you spend outside working. The air has such freshness to the smell so after my cup of tea, quiet moments and a couple buckwheat cakes with banana in the batter I headed out to the back yard and gardens.

 Nancy got a load of laundry in and I mowed up the oak leaves that covered the back yard so she could hang her clothes on the line while I mowed up the leaves in the front yard. I gathered about 3 large trash cans of the little leaves then mulched them with the mower and spread them around in the gardens. The fishin' worms love it when I do the leaves that way and they breakdown into great soil in no time with their help. I turned over the side garden with a shovel as I'm going to have to plant some lettuce and tomato's that are an overflow of seedlings in with the sugar peas that are climbing on the fence.

Well after the yard work I headed in to relax but before I took it easy I cut more lettuce for another large salad we were taking to GG's for supper; another family supper get together with Arriane, Errol and Arriane's other grandmother Corrine(Diane's mom). Corrine lives down in Naples with her new husband about 5 months out of the year then returns to Michigan. Her first husband(Diane's father) passed away about 5 years ago.

 The gals all went to the bridal shop where Arriane was fitted after trying on her dress. This gown is custom made and none other like it so the high society in Miami will take notice. Arianne teaches in a private school where the community is old money.

Well we had layered enchiladas, egg plant Parmesan and lasagna along with our salad and crusty bread for supper, Delicious. Afterwards we played games and the last game was Balderdash which concluded around 11. Ava and Sam finally crashed and were asleep on the couch and I came from behind on the last name to sucker 4 people into vote for my explanation of who this person was; I whupped Nancy who lead all of us all night long. It was a raucous night with 9 adults at the table and everyone trying their best to outdo the other.

Well today is worship in Tampa at Element Church and then afterwards the gang from last night will meet at our house for another meal of roast beef(GG is cooking while we are in church) and all the fixin's, LATER

No comments: