Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday turned out to be another spring day with temp's nearing the 80 degree mark. There were a few high clouds which kept it quite comfortable but we desperately need some rain as the front yard is drying up. The morning started much the usual with a lite breakfast after my quiet time then a ride out to the rec on the bike for nearly 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Afterwards I dropped off at the library a couple books then headed home to work in the garden.

Once more I hand watered the garden and then cut several heads of lettuces for salad for lunch. Amy was bringing GG and Sam for lunch. After eating we sat outside under the big oak in the shade while Sam entertained us with constant make believe jabber. He is all boy and seems to be doing good on potty training, finally. Amy took GG to the library and then to Publix before taking her home. Nancy took off to the rec for her workout on the treadmill and now the stair stepper. I chilled and read until it was time to start supper.

 Nancy picked up GG around 4:30 and brought her back to our place to eat with us as her kitchen is being remodeled. I grilled pork chops and Nancy made black beans and Jasmine rice to go along with a salad, yeow was that ever good with a few hot home grown peppers stirred into the black beans for me. After the clean up Nancy took GG home then we settled into the news and then Idol came on. I have a few reservations about the idiot female judge with the different wigs, oh well!!!

Well today Thursday I'm heading down to Bay Pines for a consultation with a V.A. doctor then to finally get my veterans I.D. so I will miss pickle ball play but hopefully be back on the court tomorrow, Friday, LATER

No comments: