Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Tuesday really warmed up with temps in the low 80's by the afternoon. The morning was a little different as I stayed away from the pickle ball game. I'm hacking up junk from the chest and sinus. I don't really feel bad but I'm a little wary this could go down into the lungs again; and I certainly don't want that to happen. We just lost a General in Tampa and now a friend in N.C. from pneumonia so I think it is best to build back up again, besides the gym is closed for a do over on the floor and the gang is playing outside. I usually don't mind playing outside especially in N.C. where the ambiance is fantastic; but on the basketball court where its unlined for PB will be challenging to say the least.

I'm eating all kinds of fruit for breakfast; grapefruit, apple and a banana so there is lots of Vit C as well as a way to maybe lose a few inches on this spare tire. I spent a couple hours working in the garden then helped with the laundry as Nancy had another dental appointment. I may have to take out a second mortgage for what this dentist charges but she thinks he is the best and is saving her teeth. Oh well!!!

Amy and Sam came for lunch and stayed until it was time to pick Ava up from school. He is such a cute boy and loves his "shooter fing" and trucks. Nancy bought one of those plastic rifles from the dollar store in N.C. that makes a noise when you pull the trigger and he loves to shoot at the chickens through the fence in the back yard. We headed out to Sam's Club for gas and a few other things after they left around 2. Last week it was 2.99 a gal. this week its 3.29 a gal. What is going on with the way we are being gouged at the pump??? Oh well!!!

Our niece Erica with her husband and 7 kids were going to visit GG for the night and have supper with her as well so Amy and her family plus Nancy and Betsy all went there for supper. I stayed back as I'm still hacking and don't want to make anyone sick as well as be infected from them. They had a great time visiting and Ava and Sam got to visit with their cousins who by the way are home schooled. Erica is trying to match her mother who 11 children, so 4 more to go. So far 5 boys and 2 girls. The newest is a 4 month old Veronica. Nancy said she is a very smiley and content little girl whereas her mother(Erica) never stopped crying until she reached the age of 2. Whats wrong with that scenario??

Well I hung out and had a lite supper(left over grilled drumsticks and bread) and watched Fox News and read. I'm into a new book by Lee Child titled TRIPWIRE..its a good read much like Tom Clancy. Lots of action and story lines. LATER

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Gerald just finished reading all the Lee Child books. He really enjoyed them.