Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well once again it was hot and humid enough we had to turn the a/c on last evening; but during the day it was a spring like day. We sat outside in the back yard under the shade tree for a couple hours reading and watching Sam play.

The morning started out with the rooster wake up some where around 5:30 but we managed to tune them out until 7. I did my usual quiet time then had a lite breakfast of fruit and got ready to pedal out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. There were already 11 players when I got there and there were 2 courts set up outside. A couple new guys were there for the first time and one of them plays PB in Pennsylvania. He was very good and now they will join us for awhile. Outside PB is very different from inside PB and the type of ball is even different. It's a little slower but many of the shots are drop shots, dink and dunk play as the elements cause many of the hard shots and lobs to sail out of play. I had a totally wet shirt in no time. It was really nice being out in the fresh air but it did start to warm as the sun rose higher.

After PB I stopped off at the library before heading home. I spent the next hour or so working in the garden; watering, weeding and harvesting greens for a garden salad. Amy was bringing GG and we were having a fresh salad for lunch. I cheated and ate leftover cube steak Amy brought with her from Friday night. Wow was it still delicious. After lunch I read until it was time for Amy and them to leave then I did a few chores.

Nancy still has a sore throat but her voice is back and she doesn't feel bad over all. She did get a hood walk in to get some exercise. I grilled a couple pork chops for supper and we ate up some taters that were sprouting along with some fresh parsley from the garden. I planted the sprouts and hopefully will get a few hills of red taters. I finally got my garden salad for supper and was it ever delicious. After the clean up we vegetated and watched the news on Fox and by 10 PM we were really for bed, LATER

No comments: