Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was a winter day here in normally warm sunny Florida. It was damp and cool in the high 40's but the chill went right through your clothes especially at 7:30 in the morning while I'm riding my bike to the rec. The rest of the day found us in the house after the all night soft rain. I don't think the sun shone at all during the day.

After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedalled out to the rec in the cold damp air for nearly 2 hours of pickle ball. We had 3 courts going with still a few waiting and the play was good. I'm trying to work this cold out of my head and chest and if sweating helps then the ailment should be gone as I had a wet shirt. Well after playing I headed out for home after a quick stop at the library; I made sure I had a heavy sweater to cover my shirt.

There wasn't much to do at home as the garden was still damp from the over night rain so I just chilled reading the rest of the morning until Amy and the kiddos came for lunch. They stayed for a couple hours then headed out while Nancy ran some shopping errands for her mom and us. I'm really into a Clancy novel; NO REMORSE. Lots of action but several story lines.

We headed over to GG's for supper along with Amy,Tyler and the kiddos. Nancy brought some black beans and rice to go along with GG's chicken enchiladas. There was crusty bread and a garden salad as well; very tasty. We stayed until nearly 8. I was coughing and my head had clogged again so I didn't want to infect everyone so after washing the dishes we headed out. I hit the shower then tuned into the Texas AM vs the Oklahoma bowl game. It was another good game and the Heisman winner at Texas was outstanding. I finally decided to call it a night when Texas was ahead by 3 TD's. LATER 

No comments: