Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday once again had summertime written all over it with temps into the low 80's. The humidity wasn't there so we opened the windows and turned the a/c off. The morning started out much the usual with the roosters crowing for a wake up sometime while it was still dark. It's funny now that the sun rise seems to be a little later and sunset later as well. I suppose DST is soon on the way now that the days are getting longer.

After my quiet time and a breakfast of fruit I pedalled out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd just 4 players for the first hour but that was perfect, eventually they staggered in throughout out the morning until we had 2 courts going with a couple waiting. Seems Wednesday is gal day as they soon out numbered by 6 to 2. Most of the gals are good players and put up a good fight on the court. I soon had a soaking shirt as the sun really brings out the sweat. Its been different outside but I'm really starting to get use to it and enjoy the ambiance.

Well Nancy went to the doctor's for her sore throat as its taking a long time to heal and was diagnosed as having a viral infection. Not much they can do for that although the doc did give her a 'script for an antibiotic; but Nancy thought what's the use if its viral. She did some shopping on the way home and I worked in the garden and then read most of the rest of the day.

We had deer burritos again now that I have lots of fresh herbs and lettuce and wow are they ever delicious. After the cleanup we headed for the couch and Fox News before tuning into American Idol at 8. I hit the showers and then flipped channels in the bedroom during the Idol show. I eventually cut the tube off and read however I did see the last contestant and she was a winner both in voice and family, LATER

No comments: