Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Monday was a routine kind of day; not much going on except once again the weather was spring like. Later in the evening a cloud cover arrived and dropped the temp down into the high 50's overnight.

The morning started with much the usual routine; quiet time, lite breakfast of grapefruit, orange juice and fresh strawberries in the mix before heading out to the rec. The rec itself is closed due to MLK Day but since we now have portable PB nets we set up 2 courts outside on the basketball courts. At times we had up to 6 players waiting to get on. We had some great play and my shirt once again was soaked after 2 plus hours of play. I'm getting to really like playing outside as the game is a lot slower  with longer rallies.

I pedalled home without any stops as the library is closed also. I spent an hour or so pulling weeds, hoeing and hand watering the gardens. I noticed I have some basil coming up from seeds I scattered in the ground as well as some cucumbers. I thought these seeds were old but all of this warm weather caused them to germinate. My spaghetti squash I'm growing from seeds are about 6 inches high so I transplanted them into a different part of the garden as their vine gets huge and will taken over. Hopefully I can train it onto a fence. Every thing else is doing well and of course we have a fresh salad everyday. I've been giving away lettuces and collards. We had fresh green beans to go along with our fried potato's and onions for supper. Yeow was that ever good and takes me back to my childhood days when that dish was a staple in our house as we grew 100 bushel or more of 'taters every year and then sold half of them.

Nancy had to drive GG to purchase her appliances then she came back for lunch. Amy, Ava and Sam came for a visit then I watched Sam while they all went shopping. We played outside until it cooled down with the cloud cover then we headed in to play cars and trucks. Sam wanted watch on the computer tractors, big trucks etc. He sat on my lap forever watching these.

 GG called and needed help changing a light bulb so I headed over to do that then picked up her electric chain saw. I needed to saw up some citrus wood for my smoker this weekend as we are having out of town guests. Arriane and her mom Diane are coming in to look for wedding dresses for Arianne, yelp she is finally making plans for a May wedding. Well the chain saw was messed up as the last person to use caused the chain to go off track so I spent an hour making that correction, oh well!!!

After the supper clean up we settled into Fox news and then I tuned into Alaska State Troopers for a couple hours before calling it a day around 11PM, LATER

No comments: