Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Tuesday once again was another beautiful summer like day; while we still have the a/c on it's not all that humid. The day was unremarkable except for a trip to the grocery store. Nancy did have to go and have her yearly chest x-ray.

The morning was started around 6 AM with the dueling roosters, some mornings its 4:30 others its close to 7. I guess it just depends on what wakes them up, then they want to wake everyone around up, oh well!!! After our wake up and a cup of hot green tea I did my regiment of vitamins, my quiet time then a fresh pink seedless grapefruit for breakfast before pedalling out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. There were 7 guys and when I arrived it made for both courts with continuous never sit down play for an hour or more before another player came. My shirt was dripping sweat as well as was the others. We are playing outside and the sun is a bit of a problem for some. I have already noticed a white line where my sock ends on my lower leg.

This outside play is so much different that I'm starting to enjoy it especially when the wind comes up a little. The spins really do take effect and throws some of the really big hitters off; but it fun and great exercise. I headed for the weight room scales and I was amazed I have dropped a few pounds off this spare tire. The only down size to the hard courts is the ache in the knees at night time; several players have mentioned the same thing to me so its not my imagination.

Amy and Sam came for lunch and then played outside afterwards. I had an appointment with my financial guy and it looks as if last year was a decent one. Now if we can stay away from the market drop like in '08 we will be better off for our retirement. I came back and blew boric acid in the attic as we are starting to see some very small ants in the house from time to time. They seem to like to get on the roof from the oak trees and then come in through the attic and when Nancy sees an ant it like the world is ending, oh well. I then mixed up a batch of Malathion in the sprayer and did all the window seals and around the foundation of the house as well as a couple small ant hills in the back.

Well, we had fried Swaii fish fillets for supper along with a sweet potato and lima beans(butter), yeow was that ever a tasty meal. We did fresh salad for lunch so we skipped on that for supper. After the clean up we watched our regular Fox News shows then I headed for the showers. Nancy still is fighting the sore throat so maybe she will go see a doctor today, LATER

No comments: