Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday was a summer day here on the Sun Coast with temps well up into the 80's and with came the humidity so the a/c is back on; so much for winter weather. The garden loves these cool nights into the 60's and warm days. I cut 3 nice heads of broccoli yesterday evening and we ate 1/2 of them for supper along with our grilled salmon and angel hair pasta which Nancy doctored up with sauteed garlic, fresh mushrooms, lots of butter and capers. Yeow was that ever delicious.

The morning started out with a sleep-in despite the big beak next door as our gym is being resurfaced, so I opted to sit this week out from play plus I'm still hacking up luge's occasionally(nice thought huh!!) After our quiet times and a lite breakfast of an apple and a grapefruit mixed together, I headed out to hand water the garden. A little later Nancy and I took off on a 3 mile plus hike or walk through the hood and I had a wet shirt by the time we got back to the house. So I got in a workout maybe not as strenuous as the PB play but still some exercise. I may try Friday morning for a game or two if it stays nice as it has been and this cough goes away. Ever since I got the flu or pnumonia my resistance has been down.

Amy and Sam came for lunch so I picked lettuces, beet greens, cabbage, radishes and dill for a huge salad for lunch. After lunch Nancy and Amy took off to the mall for some shopping. Sam and I watched some movie about a bee and worm which was interesting. I read mostly but Sam was cute as he occasionally buzzed around like a bee. They headed out around 2:30 to pick Ava up from school so we sat around an read until it was time to start supper. The eatin' was awesome tonight, LATER

No comments: