Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Morning

Saturday was cold to start the day with a breeze which made if feel even cooler; however by afternoon we had the windows open and it was 70 or better. It was still damp outside from the rain we had earlier on Friday but as the sunshine became more evident it quickly dried off and I had to hand water the gardens by early afternoon.

We started the day by sleeping in a little despite the big mouth next door. After our quiet times we had eggs and grits for breakfast. Yeow, love them grits!!! I also ate the last piece of an applesauce cake I had cut into portions and put in the freezer to keep fresh. My was that ever a treat for me as I love raisins and black walnuts and those 2 ingredients are what make this type of cake delicious. Many Thanks again to Adeline who is Paw Paw's(dad) friend.

We tried to get out the blackberry stains from the dining room table cloth for a second time and just about succeeded; just the faintest of its presence still exits. I hung a load of laundry as the sun was now shining while Nancy did some other chores. We both worked on putting the dining room back is order as the next family dinner is in February for Bob's birthday. Wow did we ever serve some great meals over the holidays and the spare tire around my waist proves it.

The old head cold and cough is lingering a little longer so I'm back on a cough syrup and (OTC)antihistamine. My resistance must be down from all the flu illness around Thanksgiving; sure will be glad when this is gone as it's a reminder of the week where I had to sleep sitting up, yuck!!!

We had our friends and neighbors, Dan and Carol over for supper. Nancy made a chicken picota with linguine, broccoli and a fresh garden salad(all from my garden) with crusty bread. We are all forgoing desserts as they too are battling the spare tire syndrome. The meal was delicious and afterwards we played 18 rounds of golf. Nancy won out on the last round as Dan lead most of the way and at time very big. That is a fun game and fast.

Well after they left I watched a little of the Packers destroy the Viking and of course the Texans beat the Bengals; there are a couple more games on today. Well its time to get ready and head out to Tampa for worship at Element Church. We will bring Annsley and Gabe back with us to Seminole for the afternoon, LATER

No comments: