Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well Monday was another one of those days that nearly had record temps for January; at 5:30 in the evening it was still 81 degrees. The morning was much the usual except for after my quiet time and a lite breakfast we were back in the gym for pickle ball. The resurfaced floor was very nice to look at but since the floor had been sanded down it became considerably lighter in color which made for much difficulty in picking up the ball with your eyes. The shiny new surfaced also made for much faster play as well as causing the ball to skid off the new surface.

After a couple hours of PB I headed for the library to pick up a couple books then pedalled home on my bike. Wow was it ever a nice day so I spent the next hour or so working in my garden. I transplanted the basil seedlings into a couple pots then transplanted the cucumber seedlings into the ground, picked green beans, hoed and then hand watered the gardens as well. It was going on noon when I decided I was hungry after a lite breakfast of fruit. Nancy and I ate a fresh salad and I polished off the last few pieces of smoked chicken on top of it; yeow did that ever make for good eatin'.

Nancy took off to purchase that dress she tried on Saturday for Arianne's wedding in May as it was the only dress in her size at that store. It's very elegant and at a decent price and perfect for festive occasions. She was gone for a couple hours as Target was close by and with Valentine Day approaching it was time to purchase for grand babies, yeow sometimes I think merchants make up all these holidays just for grand parents to spoil their grand babies, Oh well!!!

I sat outside while she was gone shopping; reading and keeping those pesky squirrels out of my garden and new seedlings. It was just gorgeous out and I got a couple hours of good time in for reading. After Nancy got back from the dress shop and she modeled for me and I must admit it fit her perfectly and she looked great in it as well. We spoke with our Mountain Mom, Helen and learned she had gone back to the doctor for more antibiotics as she is having a difficult time with this head and lung congestion, thankfully the doctor found no evidence of pneumonia. We then got ready to head over to GG's for supper.

She made stuffed peppers and smashed tater's and I brought a huge fresh garden salad I put together after lunch while Nancy was out shopping. Amy, Tyler and the kiddos came as well to GG's and the food was awesome. Tyler and I cleaned up the dishes afterwards and then we got ready to head out around 7:30. It was still 73 degrees outside. Well we settled into Fox News and I flipped channels until it was shower time and then I read until it was lights out, LATER

No comments: