Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Monday was much the usual to start when the 2 roosters next door started around 6 AM with which one could out crow the other. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for an hour and a half of pickle ball. I'm still fighting this darn cold so I didn't stay the whole period. I'm feeling better but just can't shake this stopped up head and cough. For the next 3 weeks us pickle ball players will have to play outside in the morning on the basket ball courts as the gymnasium is being re surfaced. That will make for some interesting play as the outside play is totally different from the inside play especially since 2 different balls will be used. That should be very interesting for me until I get over this cold completely.

When I got back from the gym Nancy informed me she spoke with our "mountain mom" Helen in the mountains and that her older sister Esma passed away during the night in Winston-Salem from complications of pneumonia. We are saddened to hear this news as we knew her and had been to her residence several times over the years.

Well the weather here was chilly to start the day then warmed up to the low 70's with some bright sunshine. We watch the weather predictions for the mountains and they are having some winter weather there. A chance of snow with temps down in the 20's in the mornings, yeow!!! All of the pictures we see from there show the barren trees except for the beautiful white pines with the grass brown and dead.

Well there isn't much more except we had chicken fried deer steak for supper and it was delicious and reminded us of our friends the Dalton's who are in the mountains full time. I wouldn't mind going back for a week or two to visit but it takes too much to open the cabin up especially with the cold below freezing temps at night.

I tuned into the last bowl game of the year and Alabama was putting it on Notre Dame big time at 35-7 when I turned the lights out around 11PM, LATER

No comments: