Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday turned out to be just another gorgeous day with cool temps to start the morning but eventually warmed up to the low 70's with bright blue skies and just enough of a breeze to keep it pleasant in the direct sunlight. It was rather chilly as I rode out to the rec for pickle ball.

We had a small crowd of 7 players to start the morning but finally picked up a couple more as the day progressed. I got in 2 plus hours of play and while we wore sweaters, jackets, hoods and gloves to start out by 10 AM we were down to tee shirts. The morning routine was much the same with a lite breakfast of fruit after my quiet time and before pedalling out on my bike.

After the workout I came back and spent the next couple hours working in the garden. It was time to feed all of my plants so I mixed up about 30 gallons of Miracle Grow and gave each individual plant a cup of the food. I do that about every 2 weeks and it has made a difference when it comes to yield so far. Amy and Sam came for lunch and after they left a little after 2 we picked up GG and headed for Sam's Club. We are having a family dinner on Saturday as Arianne and Errol are coming into town from Miami to look for wedding dresses for their May 17 date. I will smoke a couple beer in the rear chickens and make a huge garden salad and everyone else is bringing side dishes. It should be a fun time for such a joyous occasion.

We stopped off on the way back from Sam's and rehung a sliding closet door then brought GG home with us for supper. I had picked a large mess of green beans so we did our famous beef and beans only I substituted deer for the beef. Yeow was that ever delicious. I cut the cubed deer into small strips then sauteed that in fresh squeezed garlic(home grown from the cabin) with olive oil, added chopped onions and sliced fresh mushroom. I then added the fresh green beans and brought that to a boil then Nancy did her magic on the thickening and gravy. We added that over Jasmine rice and wow what good eatin'.

We sat around and watched the news before Nancy drove GG to her house. I headed for the shower then turned on the Fights(boxing) and flipped back and forth to American Idol. Around 10:30 it was lights out for me as well as for a couple of the fighters on the boxing matches. On a good note of news Mike Dillon is doing great from the major heart surgery and is already off the ventilator. We are delighted to hear such good news, LATER

No comments: