Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Morning

Wow is it ever quiet around here since Nancy developed laryngitis on Thursday afternoon. I spoke with her doctor and with no fever she gave us several home remedies to assist with relieving this ailment. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet to a certain extent but the phone calls are a little annoying plus I'm the taxi driver for now.

The weather here is just almost too warm. It was in the 80's again during most of the day with bright sunshine and no rain. We are dry again so its watering twice a day on the gardens and the yard of course is just about dried up. There is still a watering ban on so I have to hand water everything; of course I have my own shallow well so I have plenty of water.

Friday was another day that was spent mostly assisting Nancy and the house hold chores. I decided to put pickle ball on hold until next week and if she isn't talking maybe even longer. I sure missed our couple mile hike thru the hood for some exercise but thought better of it in the long run. Hopefully today I can get at least a bike ride in for some exercise. Amy invited us for supper last night and while Nancy isn't feverish we decided to go despite the sore throat. The meal was awesome with a special family recipe from Kansas using home grown beef. It was delicious and the meat  cut with a fork. We picked up GG and had a great time of eating with one of our whole garden salads, home made Greek dressing, meat and taters' and a fresh fruit salad for dessert.

Ava and Sam were full of energy as they showed us their new bunk beds. We played a couple games with them as the girls cleaned up. It was a fun time had by all despite Nancy being unable to converse. We headed out when it was bath and bedtime for the kiddos. We aren't sure if Nancy will be able to make the Sunday services so we are playing that by ear, LATER.

No comments: