Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well it's another year and as fast as this last one went by I'm relieved to know that I'm still a kickin', yeow where did this past year go??? New Years Day started out with us hitting the sack sometime after 1 AM and sleeping in until 9'ish despite the big mouth rooster next door. I had thoughts that maybe a stray fire cracker would land in his yard and that he might try to eat it; but it never happened.

We lazied around and Nancy did her oatmeal but I ate just an apple along with my vitamins and a cup of hot green tea. I decided to start on trying once again to deflate this spare tire. I headed over to Amy's after my quiet time to pick up the ladder I had borrowed to get Tyler down from the roof  as he got stuck there while putting up Christmas lights. I came back and visited with the neighbors across the street who came down to visit Carol. Nancy came over and we shared stories while enjoying the warm morning sunshine and nice breeze. We visited until it was lunch time as my stomach was growling. It reached the upper 70's today.

We had a lunch of left overs then I tuned into the local bowl game at the Bucs stadium and watched a really good close game. South Carolina beat Michigan which is where our neighbors we just visited are from. I spent the rest of the day in between helping Nancy get ready for another family supper; hopefully our last one for awhile as it's difficult to deflate the tire with all this food. We did a pork roast, smashed taters, sauerkraut, kielbasa, hot dogs, crusty bread and a blackberry pie(I passed on the pie). We had a house full once again with Nancy's mom, sister, nephew and of course Amy and her family. We were just missing Bob and his family as they had other plans and its a long drive with little ones late at night.

After the cleanup I headed back to the couch to watch more football and after everyone left I vegetated to the bedroom for more football until I finally cut the lights off around 11PM. I love this time of the year but its terrible for eatin' and then laying around. Thankfully I have pickle ball this morning and I'm fixin' to head out now, LATER

No comments: