Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Morning

Friday was a busy day which started out with temps on the chilly side; 48 degrees with lots of sunshine, no wind and blue skies which helped to quickly warmed up into the middle 70's. I was sitting on the front porch in the early afternoon and had to seek shade as the sun was blazing hot.

The morning was much the routine with the 6 ish wake up crow by the rooster next door then my quiet time and a breakfast of grapefruit, orange juice and sliced fresh strawberries in a bowl. I pedalled out to the rec for some nearly 2 hours of pickle ball around 7:30. Today was our last day outside on the courts and most all of us really enjoyed the different game the outside play presents. It's a little slower and you must make allowances for the sun and wind. The courts have certain amounts of debris that also effect the ball; it definitely doesn't skid on the asphalt.

I headed home early by 30 minutes as I was watching Sam while Amy headed for her 10 AM Bible study with Nancy at our old church. Sam and I played cars and trucks then I read books and finally we decided on watching "monster trucks" on the Internet. He loves tractors, trucks, excavators, bulldozers etc. and the noisier the better. Ava had a half day of school so Amy picked her up after her class and they all came for lunch. It was so beautiful out by then we headed for the backyard to play outside.

I spoke to Paw Paw and he said it was 24 degrees and snowing hard in Winchester and then I spoke with Helen our "mountain mom" and it was 16 degrees and sleeting in the mountains. Yeow is this ever some cold weather; but so far we have been buffered by the jet stream. The garden is doing great with these cool nights and warm afternoons. I picked lots of Romaine and made a Caesar Salad to take up to Dan and Carol's for supper. She picked up Olive Garden on her way home from work and we ate together then played a game of Phase 10 and I smoked them for a change.

Well today is another busy day with a family supper as Arianne, Errol and Diane are all coming from out of town. Seems they will join Amy, Ava, Nancy and GG and go look for wedding dresses for Arianne wedding in May. I'm doing chicken in the smoker and collard greens while they are away plus a big salad. Should be a raucous time of eating and out talking the other, LATER

No comments: