Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday was another summer like day with temps into the middle 80's and a breeze that reached small craft warnings; actually the breeze helped to keep the humidity down. I started the morning the usual way with a cup of green tea and then my few quiet moments before a lite breakfast then a ride out to the rec on my bike for a couple plus hours of pickle ball. We had a small group to start but eventually we had both courts in use with a couple waiting. I managed to work up a good sweat before heading out.

Nancy was wanting to run some errands so we headed out around 10:30 for drugs stores, doctors offices, Wal-Mart, Sams Club and finally at GG's to drop off some things we picked up for her. By now it was after 1PM and our stomachs were growling. We had a quick lunch of salad and left over bratwursts before I headed out in the back yard to work in the garden. I picked up a couple new lettuces; red leaf and iceberg to plant where the first romaine lettuce is about finished. I turned over the ground and got it ready for the planting in a day or so. I also picked up another batch of Georgia sweet onion seedling as we had used most of the first bunch as scallions. I love fresh sweet onions but the only draw back is they are slow growers. After watering everything as the wind was really drying up the soil I headed in to read while Nancy headed to the rec and the treadmill.

It was close to 4 PM when she got back so we made a few phone calls to check the weather and how illnesses were doing. Helen sounded much better and it was 59 at the cabin but raining and windy; those severe storms were heading up her way. At least now she can get her car out of her driveway as much of the snow has melted. What crazy weather patterns or should I say the lack of a pattern for winter. I headed out to pick fresh dill for our grilled salmon and to once again pick romaine for another Caesar salad to go along with fresh picked green beans for supper. Nancy microwaves a small sweet spud for her but I passed on it as the fish, salad and beans were plentiful and delicious. We had a nice conversation with Uncle Mike Dillon as he had open heart surgery just about a week ago as was home recuperating. He and Dee both sounded good and he was in good spirits about the whole process.

Well that's about it for Wednesday as we settled in after the clean up to Fox News and then the Idol show. It wasn't long afterwards I was ready for some horizontal lab, LATER

No comments: