Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Morning

Thursday was another day of above normal temp's. What gives snow in Israel for the first time in years, oh well its supposed to be like this for the next 4-5 days then cool down 5 degrees. My garden likes this but this temperature flux is sure playing havoc with our bodies. Nancy had now developed a sore throat and laryngitis just all within a few hours. She took her mother to the western store yesterday and was so excited to finally find a pair of cowboy boots that fit and a pair that was half way reasonable in price. At first I thought she was just too excited about the boots but by late evening she was really hoarse and this morning the voice is gone completely, Oh well that is a nice for awhile the voice part!!!

I stayed away from the rec again for another day as I want to be sure and stay away from anyone who is infected with a cold. My cough has just about gone as well as the nasal drip. I've been sucking up vitamins, grapefruits and fresh vegetables which in all honestly I think was better than the OTC medicines I was putting in my body. I'm almost 100% and now I must get my sweetie well. So she will be restricted to the house with salt water gargles, honey teas and soups for a day or so. She has no fever and doesn't feel bad except for this throat discomfort.

We took a nice long 3 mile hike yesterday morning and I had a wet shirt by the time I got home; Nancy felt great and I nearly had to run to keep up with her long legs. Amy brought GG and Sam for lunch and we ate fresh salad and meatloaf sandwiches. The girls sat out in the back yard for an hour or so in the shade as it was warm and breezy. After Amy left to pick up Ava from school, Nancy took GG and they headed to the western store for a pair of Durango Boots. They are beautiful with green and pink leather uppers. She was so tickled about these boots she even had them on before going to bed.

I pan fried a deer tenderloin, along with fresh garden broccoli and a baked sweet 'tater for supper, yeow was that ever tasty. We sat around and vegetated after supper with the Fox News channel; Shep and O'Reilly until it was time for showers and eventually bedtime at 11:00, LATER

No comments: