Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Morning

Saturday was just another warm and humid day and of course we had the a/c on once gain in the evening. There was a nice breeze which made it pleasant for most of the day. Nancy is still communicating with sign language, grunts, whistling and the clapping of hands. I'm enjoying the peace and no bossy commands but answering the phone is a pain as well the lack of noise around. I can tolerate the quiet only for so long.

Saturday started out with a sleep-in despite the rooster next door. With the a/c on its not as loud so we manage to tune him out but with the windows open for the fresh air he is down right annoying. We received a call from Helen"mountain mom" and she can attest to the the loudness of his crow as she heard it all the way to N.C. on the phone. She is finally sounding better after suffering flue like symptoms for weeks with coughing, etc and her younger sister Martha is suffering as well. Their older sister passed away last week from pneumonia that started with the same flu like symptoms and of course their advanced age didn't help matters either. The spring like weather there has the temps near the 70's in the afternoon. It was good to hear her voice after a week of stress not only from their ailments but having to deal with the loss of the oldest sister.

Nancy still has the sore throat and the voice is coming back a little. I actually here a few words this morning(Sunday) so it looks as if that may have run its course. Now we need to get the sore throat healed. She did feel well enough to go to the theater to see Les Miserables with her mom and Amy Saturday afternoon. It was strange as she couldn't talk and GG didn't have her hearing aids in so luckily Amy could translate or communicate for the two of them. I bet that was interesting.

I stayed home, read and work outside in the garden and just took it easy. I discovered a new author Robert Flynn and I'm reading a fantastic book titled NORTH OF YESTERDAY. It's much like Larry McMurtry's book LONESOME DOVE. Flynn puts you right there in these characters mind and body. I've been trying to lose a few ounces of the this spare tire and I've found that by eating fruit for breakfast with a V-8  before lunch and then a meal replacement shake(from Amway) for lunch that I've lost a little. We had a supper of burritos; deer meat with taco seasoning, onions, tomato, lettuce, cilantro and sour cream. Yeow was that ever good and very few carbs.

Well of course I watched the NFL and saw the Broncos lose with just a few seconds to go where they should have won and the 49 Niners put in on the Packers in a big way. When I lived in the Bay Area I use to go down to 'Frisco and and cheer them on back in the 60's so I was glad they won despite my love for Vince Lombardi. Well that's about it for Saturday. Today we are staying home from Element due to the sore throat and of course laryngitis. Once again I will watch the 2 NFL games, LATER

No comments: