Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wednesday

Well here it is 1 AM in the morning on Thursday and I can not sleep due to this dry irritating cough. I coughed very little during the day and following the regiment of the prescribed medicines; prednisone and anti-biotic but he cough has worsens at night to the degree I'm keeping Nancy awake. She is trying to recover from a cough and some cold symptoms also. I don't have a fever anymore which is nice and the chills have gone away but when I lay down the coughing starts and it sounds like whooping cough as its deep and strong. I got on the Internet and looked up the 2 medicines and prednisone is supposed to help relief breathing and lung conditions although I seem to be having shallow breathing; the anti-biotic I think is useless.

The best advice came from Web MD and that was a cup of hot herbal tea, a spoon full of honey and an ounce of bourbon whiskey. A hot toddy. It's many many moon since I've tasted the hard stuff but with the tea and honey it's drinkable Luckily I remember Nancy had about an ounce or so that she had in the cabinet that she uses for flavoring Christmas cookies. If this works that would be wonderfully as I haven't had any real sleep since taking the prednisone on Tuesday. I took my dose with lunch today thinking a good night's sleep is just what I need; but as soon as my head hit the pillow, bong I was instantly awake and coughing. The over the counter syrup's are not highly recommended and I'm wondering if stopping the prednisone tomorrow(today) will help with rest. The protocol is for lots of rest; 7-9 hours and I maybe getting 7-9 minutes at a time with just my eyes being closed. I can't stand the shortness of breath and the dry coughing.

Well enough of my maladies as the day started of course with me awake hearing the rooster next door around 5 AM. We did our own thing for breakfast after our quiet times. I micro a left over deer burger with a couple soft boiled eggs on top for me; Nancy had her banana with oatmeal. I piddled outside in the back yard as it was turning out to be a beautiful day with lots of sunshine, very little humidity and a nice breeze. It actually felt cool in the shaded areas of the yard. We headed to Sam's Club for for last minute fixin's for the Thanksgiving day dinner at Bob's but it turned out to be a Christmas gift buying for the grand kids, GG and Nancy.

After a ham and cheese wrap for lunch I read and Nancy took off with her mom(GG) and sister Betsy to the mall for more shopping. I spent the next couple hours on the computer until she got home. We had honey mustard sauce on some fried smoked ham along with red parsley 'taters and the last of the garden salad for supper. After the clean up I headed in to watch the Fox News shows then got hooked on Moonshiners and Duck Dynasty re-runs(several we had never seen) They are an entertaining family especially the men.

I received some sad news yesterday about one of our dear friends from SFBC and who we really got know in the mountains over the past 20 plus years. Ralph Payne succumbed to congestive heart failure around 2:30 in the afternoon. I always shared my collards as well as other leafy green vegetables with him and Sara Ann his wife. They are both from the Galax, Va. area and we visited and ate with them both in town there as well as at our cabin in the mountain's. Ralph was in his upper 80's and a real gentleman as well as a CHRIST follower; he will be deeply missed by many.

Well its 1:30 and the toddy hasn't stopped me from coughing totally so I will give this spare bed a shot as Nancy needs are rest, LATER

No comments: