Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friday

Well as you who are followers of this post know I'm writing this on Saturday morning as I stayed up late watching Duck Dynasty on the tube. I must say that is one of the most entertaining family show on the airways today.

The morning started out with big beak next door mouthing off around 5:30 in the morning. I learned the other rooster (who thinks he is a person) is kept in the garage and those two start their crowing fits before daylight. The other rooster is a white one with beautiful feathers and they take him every evening out to their barn where they stable a couple horses. After the wake up I did my quiet moments before eating a bowl of oatmeal with the last of the frozen wild blueberries, yeow are they ever tasty. I pedalled out to the rec around 7:30 for some hour and a half of pickle ball. Once again we had a full crew with some fast play.

Since I started a regiment of ibuprofen 800 mg's every 8 hours the deep pain in the elbow has eased a little. I ice it when I get back from the rec a couple times during the first hour or so and that seems to help also. Hopefully once I get this citrus tree dug out of the yard along side of the house I can relax it even more. I spent the next 2-3 hours after lunch cutting this tree up and digging the stump and roots. I hope to finish it off on Saturday and start an area for a new garden patch.

We made an Aldi run before Amy and Sam came for a visit. Nancy had gone to Ava's  Thanksgiving Day program at her school during the early hours of the morning. Amy and Tyler were leaving later in the evening for a week or so to Kansas to celebrate the holiday with his folks. That sure is a long drive but much cheaper than flying the family out there. It's 25 or so hours of driving and they left around 7 PM tonight. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they drive all night and day.

Sam came out in the back yard to play while I work on removing the citrus tree. He is such a jabber box going from one subject to the next in his vivid imagination. WOW can he ever talk, plus he repeats ever thing you say to him which is excellent for his vocabulary. He is all boy and loves too play in the dirt; where Ava has now become a grandma's girl. Nancy colors pictures and cuts out paper dolls with her and spends great fun time with her inside.

Well the weather here has been great for working outside and we can hardly believe we haven't had the a/c on since the first night back(no heat either). It's been in the low 50's for nights and maybe 80 a couple times but the humidity has stayed away for the most part. My garden is flourishing with all the greens I planted from seedlings. I do have cuke's and radishes up from seeds. I'm still waiting on the beans to break ground as its been a week today I planted them. I'm still working on losing this belly fat and I feel a little less full as I'm eating nothing from a box or anything I have to read what's in the ingredients. I'm trying to not combine meat with starches and eating lots of salads and not such big portions either. I'm staying on my feet during the afternoons instead of napping while hand watering the yard and gardens. Hopefully this will pay off.

We are picking up Annsley and Gabe on Sunday after church and bringing to our place for 2 nights and 3 days as Bob and Jill celebrate a get away for their anniversary on the 22nd. That should keep me awake and on my feet as well, LATER

No comments: