Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Morning

Well after another visit to see a different doctor(walk up clinic) I think I stumbled on to a doctor who seemed very knowledgeable. He ordered all kinds of test; glucose to check me for diabetes, urine test for kidney function an another couple chest x-rays to see if the pneumonia is still in the lungs. Well all of tests came back with better than good results and he said I probably just needed a diuretic. So he did order me another round of the anti-biotics I was already on and wouldn't you know it he gave them to me from the clinic at $3 a pill; whereas CVS charged me $30 a pill last Saturday. Anyhow to make a long morning even better after taking the diuretic my cough subsided as the fluids left my feet, ankles and lung area. He feels that I have a viral infection as per my description of how this stuff hit me and the feel good one moment and chill and fever the next.

I spent the rest of the afternoon finally able to nap, rest and read while laying down. It felt so good to just be able to be horizontal. We had a nice supper of deer tacos and afterwards settled in to the Fox News Network then I ended the day after my shower  with watching Duck Dynasty. That is the most entertaining family, reality type show ever, it's a real hoot. I was finally able to get back in to my bed for the first time in over a week. Nancy said I fell asleep before she came to bed and was finally sleeping peacefully. I did awake a couple times during the night due to the diuretic but had only an occasional cough which was fab.

The weather here has been great with middle 70's and cool down into the high 40's and low 50's at night. We do need some rain as Nancy has been setting the sprinkler on my gardens everyday. The garden is looking good and the beet greens are ready for picking and adding to a fresh salad. Everything else is doing well despite having no attention and the weeds haven't taken over yet. I'm looking forward to spending a little time outside today sitting in the back yard and watching the garden grow. I know whatever caused me this interruption in normal living was potentially life threatening so I'm going to take it easy until I regain my full strength. Nancy was once again on the spot taking care of my needs and making sure I stayed still so I could get better. The hardest part for me if not being able to go outside, garden or play pickle ball, LATER

No comments: