Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday

Well it was around 9 before we finally rolled out to start the day, yikes that bed was so warm and the temps outside were in the high 30's with a steady wind. After our quiet times I fried a couple dippy eggs and put them in a bowl of grits while Nancy did her own thing with oatmeal. It was close 10:30 before we finished eating. I headed down to the basement to start the washer then headed outside. We put a couple loads of laundry on the outside line. The sun was shining and the temps had warmed up to 45 so I set my seedling in the sun for the first time in days. They have been in the basement since Sunday and were starving for sunshine despite having them setting in the window.

It finally warmed up to 50 degrees which made it nice when the sun was out as the wind was still steady and strong. I did some more raking of pine needles then spread a sack of lime on my lower garden. I trimmed my rose bush back to the ground and covered it with dried pine needles. I've been doing a little each day as I get the yards and gardens ready for the winter.

We had a bite of lunch around 1:30 then we headed out for our daily hike to the top of the mountain. We visited with Norm for a few taking his mail in for him then headed down and visited with Joe and Jetta for a few before heading back down to the cabin. It was going on 4 PM when I decided to move the seedling back into the warmth of the basement as there is a freeze warning for our county tonight. The temperature was starting to drop rapidly.


Nancy had a large pot of spaghetti sauce simmering as we were having our old gang for the final time this year. Our neighbor Gerald got in from the Raleigh area during the afternoon so we invited him to eat and play Sequence with us as well. The supper was superb with spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and chocolate-peanut butter squares(I passed on them) but they looked good. The gal won in a raucous rubber game with lots of wild accusations. It was good to see Ray and Audine, Eddie and Kimberly and Gerald as we will not see them again this year. Gabriel had a baseball game so Jodi was unable to be here plus she is still working.They all headed out a little after 10 PM, LATER

No comments: