Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday

Well it was another cool morning with temps in the high 50's but with lots of sunshine. I finally got a little more rest after having some difficult time adjusting to a new bed and surroundings. The rooster started crowing around 5:30 and I did manage to stay in the sack until 7 before starting the day. After a cup of hot green tea I did my quiet time then headed out to water the garden after a bowl of oatmeal.Nancy wanted to do a Sam's Club run so we headed out around 10:30.

Once again we stocked up on several items as there will be lots of family suppers starting with one tonight that featured pot roast, salad, taters, carrots and cresent rolls. GG, Amy, Ava, Sam, Annsley and Gabe ate with us as Bob and Jill headed to Clearwater for a wedding Bob was performing at the Kapok Tree. We had a great time with all 4 grand babies here at once. The kids played great together as well as bathed together.

I almost forgot on the way to Sam's we made a Home Depot run where I stocked up on seedling for my garden and got most of them in the ground after lunch. I planted; cabbage, broccoli, collards, cauliflower, onions, Rosemary, cilantro, parsley, egg plant and romaine lettuce. All of these were seedling. I decided to sprinkle a little lime in the holes where I set the seedlings hoping this will sweeten the soil from all the oak leaves I loaded the garden wit last May. I found lots of earthworms as I dug and spaded the garden so that's a great sign. I also sowed some 1/2 runner bean seeds and some marigolds seeds as well. Tonight the temps are supposed to go down into the high 40's but the afternoons will reach the high 60's.

Well I'm fading fast as the kids just plum wore me out. Tomorrow morning I'm going to give pickle ball a shot as its been 5 months since I've played competitive. I did hit with a friend one time in the mountains but that was before I hurt the left knee so I'm a little apprehensive about giving the knee a good workout, LATER

No comments: