Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Morning

I must say I finally was able lay down for the first time in over a week and not have the feeling of my lungs filling up with fluid last night. Monday was much like the past several days with still being locked up in the house while the temperature was 77 outside after a cool start in the morning. She had the heat on for a few minutes to take the chill off the house which was 68 when she got up. I was folded up in a blanket in the recliner once again for the night and was quite warm. Nurse Nancy forbade to go out the door even to sit in the sun so I stayed in with at least the bedroom/office window open. Wow was it ever nice.

After our quiet times Nancy put together a breakfast of ham, eggs and toast which helped but whats strange is not once did I lose my sense of taste and smell. After getting me situated after eating she got ready to head out to a memorial service at SFBC for our dear friend Ralph Payne who passed on last week. I was very disappointed I had to miss that as there were several there who we were close to. Ralph(Rusty) was my buddy here in Seminole and in Galax, Va where both he and Sara Ann are from and up until the last couple years visited every summer until his health got to bad to travel. We will surely miss him.

I sat around and did some minor walking around the house as I tried to move some of this fluid build up around my ankles and tummy. I was over doing it on the fluid intake, I think as my weight balloon up about 20 pounds since I started on the first round of anti-biotics. I cut back a little last night on the intake. For awhile every time I coughed I would take a sip or drink of water. This morning(Tuesday) found me flat on my back as Nancy awakened me. Two great words as "on my back" meant the fluid no longer was filling up my lungs and "awakened" which means I finally got some sleep for the first time in days. Not to exaggerate but this stuff is one mean dog. LATER

No comments: