Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Monday

Well as you can tell my mine and energies were some place else as we had the Annsley and Gabe. The morning started with me somewhat feeling chipper buts as the day progressed my health was going down hill and by 10 PM I was running a temp of over 101 degrees. It took several ice packs, wet towels and 2 hours to cool this hot body down to 99. I was very red and puffy in the face and neck and this condition helped me make up my mind I would seek professional advice in the morning.

After our little guests had a big breakfast of pan cakes and eggs we headed up to the park play area by the rec. The ground is covered with indoor/outdoor carpet which helps to keep the youngsters clean. They played on the swings, slides and climbed the small steps and bridges all the while screaming and just wearing us out as well as themselves. It helped Gabe to take a good nap while Annsley and grandma made cookies and colored. I laid down for small nap as well.

We headed outside to play in the back yard after Gabe woke up to kick the soccer ball as well as play with the chickens through the fence. Those hens are real entertainers not only to the kids but Nancy as well as she is constantly digging up my fishin' worms and feeding them to the hens. We stayed outside; I sat in the sun but was still feeling chilly while everyone else ran around in short sleeves.








I grilled marinated chicken breasts for supper along with sweet taters, green peas, salad and bow tie pasta for the kiddos. They both loved the meat and pasta. After supper I cleaned up the dishes(actually just rinsed them off and put them in the dishwasher). Once again it seemed after eating the chills started again for me but not quite as bad as the past couple nights where I was actually shaking. So I braved it out until the kiddos had their baths and then gave Gabe his lung treatment with the inhaler before heading to the shower myself. It took me forever to get warmed up and then I headed under the covers for some Monday Night Football. I must have fallen asleep when Nancy awoke me to say my face was sun burnt red and my forehead was on fire with fever. I unloaded all the covers then began to run cold wet ice over my face and head area. My temp was 101 plus so even that worried me a little at first as the headache was intense along with the thought of cooking my brain and organs. I drank several glasses of ice cold water to cause me to sweat and it did thus eventually lowering the body temp a couple degrees; enough so I manage to get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I was still warm to touch so it was back to cold drinks of water until we awakened. LATER

 

No comments: