Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tuesday

Well I started the day out early as I wanted to find a walk-in wellness clinic. I thought it best to see a doctor and try to get some med's to get me over the hump. Monday nights high fever and the severe aches and chills had me wondering if maybe I had contracted some variation of influenza or pneumonia. I usually just wave a common cold off, but never before had I every displayed those symptom's. After my quiet time I had a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon then headed out to the clinic just down the street.

I'm always blowing Nancy's mine when I find somebody at a new place that I know. While waiting in the parking lot for the clinic to open this what appeared to be an older fellow walked up and tried the door of the clinic as it was still closed; we were actually early. Anyhow I spoke to him and he came over by my truck and was wearing the wrecker or towing uniform of one of the towing companies that was on the FHP rotation list. We struck up a conversation as I knew the owner and his kids from years past as well as a few of the drivers. It was like old home week as we told stories and reminisced the past.

Well my body temp had returned to normal 97 from 101 last night and all my vital numbers were great. Just when I need the doctor to see me in the state I was in last night I was perked up; now whats with that? Anyhow he did a swap up my nose to test for the influenza strain A&B and thankfully found none but there was some evidence of a lesser strain so he prescribed and antibiotic and prednisone. I thought that was strange but it started working and now this AM I feel good not totally but lots better than the night before. Around 3 AM after being fully awake for most of the night I remembered him saying take the prednisone early in the day(not after supper) because it will kept you awake and it did. Anyhow the sweats, fever and chills are gone and only an occasion cough lingers as I write this Wednesday morning; wow what a difference a day makes and some meds. I've always tried to stay away from meds and let the body along with good sustenance heal its self, but in this case I was concerned when I saw how my face was swollen with fever and redness and of course Nancy helped with my decision to seek medical help; the threat of calling a meat wagon to haul you off to the hospital helps as well.

After getting back from the clinic and the pharmacy Bob and Jill were at the house to pick up their kiddos who were running wild in delight their mom and dad came back to save them; actually their stay was a lot of fun and they were very well behaved. It wasn't as stressful as we anticipated and they went down at nights and slept uninterrupted for 10-11 hours. I wish I had felt better for their visit but they were so easy Nancy handled it well; it is sure quiet around here as I write this post. I grilled some delicious venison burgers for lunch then Nancy baked some of her famous chocolate chip cookies and sent a bag home with Bob and family. The kids left some of their clothing and other things but we will take them with on Thanksgiving Day as it's become a tradition for him to roast the turkey and meet at his house for the big family dinner. Lots of us will bring special dishes to round the meal, LATER

No comments: