Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday

Well I can't complain about the weather as it was just perfect today with temps in the high 60' and scattered clouds. The morning started really early for me as I awakened around 4 :30 after turning off the T.V. last night in disgust with the way the election was heading. I'm not one to politicize the occasion but last nights election make me want to be sick as after 4 years the American folks could not or would not recognize this mans failed policies(or lack thereof) that are going to ruin our nation, oh well the majority has spoken.

After our quiet time, I fried a couple cackle berries along with a couple of slices of pumpernickel bread for toast I headed out to the back yard. It was 60 degrees and by most thought it was cold. I started on the vines along the fence with the hedge trimmer then proceeded to the gardens. I managed to dig and roll weeds that were over 5 ft. tall into the grass area and then mow and mulch them into tiny pieces. That took me hours as I had piles of weeds and grass 6 ft high.

After mulching the weeds I moved the mess into several parts of the garden. I transplanted the tomato, Basil and onion seedlings into pots as well as spaded a couple rows for my beet seedling. I gave several beet seedlings to Tyler for his garden and he shared some  collard greens, cauliflower, tomato and pepper seedlings. I worked outside until nearly 4 PM trimming hedges, sweeping porches and putting our luggage into the attic. Wow was it ever a busy day.

Nancy invited GG for supper and I grilled ground venison burgers. Wow were they ever tasty and Betsy came by and had a taste as well. The burgers were awesome and grilled up perfect along with a fresh salad and a few tater tots. Well I can barely keep my eyes open as its been a long 2 days without much sleep, hopefully I can sleep tonight. Helen reported this AM it was 23 at her place and the ground was covered in white stuff, LATER 

No comments: