Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday

Well I slept so little on Friday night that I was just to tired to make a post tonight(I'm writing this Sunday Morning) because I set the alarm clock. My internal clock kept me awake because I set the external one; now that doesn't make sense but that's what I attribute the lack of sleep too, oh well!!! The morning started early 6:15 for the last roll over and check the time so I just got up. We had a church meeting at 9 so Nancy wanted to be sure and have plenty of time for her morning duties. Brrr it was very cold as well with ice and frost everywhere.

We headed out to Cornerstone where we met with all the volunteers who are working the Big Daddy Weave Concert on Sunday Night. Nancy and I are filling in where needed plus assisting the youth with the hot dog sales before and during intermission. We are sold out at over 700 plus about a 150 overflow that will be simulcast into the youth room. We did a few chores to get ready and then we headed out around lunch time and met up with Mechelle at the local Mexican restaurant for lunch in Sparta. It was nearly 2 before we got back to the cabin and thankfully it had warmed up considerably. We headed out for our hike to the top and it was just delightful with clear conditions that allowed us to see downtown Winston. It reached 60 degrees after a low 30's start.

We came back and I tuned into the college football agenda flipping back and forth between a couple good games. Florida came from behind to win as did USF later in the night for a win. We were picking up Helen and Joe for a trip out to supper at Brown's eatery in Sparta around 4:30. We had a good supper of salmon cakes and terriyaki chicken of which we split so we each could taste the other. The baked spuds were giant and the home cooked collards greens were fantastic. Needless to say we waddled out of the place and then stayed and visited for an hour or so with Helen before heading back to the cabin.

I managed to stay awake long enough to hit the shower then watched a little of the Alabama vs LSU game but gave in around 10 PM for the flannel sheets. It was still pretty nice outside at 50 degrees which was  nice compared to the past few nights, LATER

No comments: