Sunday, November 18, 2012

Saturday

Well it was one of those busy days that never saw me sitting except to eat and maybe I over did it with the bright sunshine and warm temp's. We were awakened the usual way with big beak rooster crowing some time around 6 AM and we did manage to tune him out until nearly 7 for me and Nancy slept in until nearly 8. It was one of those nights when sleep wasn't very deep as we knew Amy and Tyler were on the road driving over night to Kansas for the holiday with Ava and Sam. By the way they made it safely after about 26 hours on the road around 9 PM our time.

After our quiet times Nancy made buckwheat cakes with a couple cackle berries on top for breakfast. That was the first time we have had a mountain breakfast since being back from the cabin. I decided to head out to the side yard and continue digging out that old tangerine tree that was no longer producing. Well when the sun broke through the clouds it turned hot and it wasn't long before I had a soaked shirt. But by 11AM I had it out; sawed up and then filled the hole back in. I initially wanted to expand my garden to that area but Nancy talked me out it this year.

We headed over to Lake Seminole Park to walk the trails instead heading to the treadmill for a work out. Actually I had to change to a drier shirt to work out. We did 3 miles then stopped by Home Depot for some more butter crunch lettuce, cow manure compost and a few other items. We left there and went by Amy's house to water Tyler garden before heading home to a late lunch. I cleaned up the leftover Mexican rice while Nancy made a wrap.

I worked in the back garden mostly in the shade by now and transplanted 2 trays of lettuce. Several slots had at least 2 and 3 seedlings so I separated them before planting. My garden is filling up quickly and I haven't set out my peppers, 'maters, Swiss chard and marigolds. If we stay away from the frost which we occasionally get after the first of the year I should be able to feed the 'hood.

I set the sprinkler and worked in the front yard where it was very sunny for a couple hours. Our neighbor and friends Dan and Carole stopped and talked and invited us to a spur on the moment bowl of Zuppa soup. Nancy already had a salad made so we headed up around 5:30. The supper was delicious. Nancy was scheduled to attend her mothers singing concert at 7 so we couldn't stay. Carole made a cake from a new recipe that doesn't use any oil or eggs but seltzer water to hold it together. The cake was very good but the chocolate icing was so sweet I wish I hadn't partake of it as no sooner than we got home I felt like I was going to be ill.

Nancy left and I made a cup of hot tea and then jumped in the shower. I couldn't get warm for some reason. So I went to bed around 8:30 and watched football until Nancy got home around 10:30. I was achey, felt feverish and had a headache. I think I got to much sun and didn't drink enough water. As I write this post on Sunday morning I feel some what better and I'm drinking plenty of fluids. I feel like I really worked to hard yesterday especially with the 3 mile hike, albeit it was on flat ground.

We are bringing Annsley and Gabe back with us after church for a couple nights so I will be busy with them as Bob and Jill head out for a couple night's R&R, LATER

No comments: