Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday

Well this turned out to be a very busy day that started around 7 AM. I had decided to give pickle ball a try after being away from it for nearly 5 months. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I headed out to the rec on my bike for about an hour an a half workout. It was good to renew old friendships and I picked up pretty much were I left off in May. I never sat down for the first hour and then finally I paired up with a new player and we lost. The workout was good and since it had been such a long time since I pushed myself with a good cardio exercise I didn't want to overdo it so I headed out a little after 9.

I made a stop at the library for a couple new reads for myself and one for Nancy. It was close to 10 before I got back to the house and started working in the garden. I hand watered everything then sowed some kale, cukes, squash, red lettuce and more Swiss chard. Nancy decided to take off to the rec and get in a treadmill workout. I worked in the yard  until lunch time and after a left over grilled deer burger I worked on the over head fluorescent lights in the kitchen. I decided after taking the fixture apart the ballast was shot as well as the bulbs so I headed off to Home Depot.


I changed out the ballast and bulbs and that took me the better part of an hour. I decided once I finished that chore it was time to set out the impatient plants along the front yard. I dug the holes and filled them with composted cow manure while Nancy set the plants. She then watered the front yard by hand while I piddled around in the back yard re-watering the new seedlings and sowing a row of radishes. I did manage to set out my herbs as well. The temps were beautiful during the day with the high around 70 with lots of sunshine and just a slight breeze to make it great working weather.

I grilled a couple marinated chicken breasts for supper and along with some bow tie pasta as Ava and Sam are spending the night. Well after the cleanup I got in a little Fox News in between playing trucks with Sam. It won't take much for me to fall asleep tonight, LATER

Nancy took a couple pics of the chickens next door.

No comments: