Friday, October 26, 2012

Thursday

I'm finally getting around to posting this day's activities on Friday morning 'cause I stayed up too late watching both the Bucs beat the Vikings and the the Giants beating the Tiger's. It was a great nice for watching sports, although I hope the Tigers win at least a couple games to extent the series to 7 games. I hate sweeps unless it's my team doing the sweeping. Anyhow the morning started out with warm temps in the upper 50's and finally bright sunshine that stayed all day. After our quiet times and a breakfast of wild blueberries(huckleberry) we got ready for a trip to Galax, Va.

We mailed Nancy's absentee ballot at the post office and I'm still waiting on mine from Florida after 2 requests; but no ballot. Maybe I will make it home in time on Tuesday to vote in person as it doesn't look as if I will receive it in the mail. We stopped by several stores looking for items that would fill and fit in the Christmas Shoe Box ministry from Samaritan's Purse. We shopped for a boy our grandsons ages and for a girl our grand daughters ages. These boxes are sent all over the world to kids who are underprivileged and our church Cornerstone helps with this ministry.

We ended up at Wal-Mart where we picked up a few necessities for up and coming get together suppers and eventually had lunch at Subway in the store. After we got back to the cabin our neighbor Gerald came up on his new Kawasaki Mule. I like that machine as its a 4 wheel drive ATV with a dump bed plus its camouflaged. Its really nice and sturdy. After he left we hiked to the top of the mountain through what seemed like a foot of fallen leaves. We visited with Joe and Jetta for a spell and while in the back yard the sun was so hot and bright on our faces. I know in a few days we will wish for that hot sun as its calling for snow and 30's in the fore cast for the start of next week, Yikes!!!

Well after our hike I piddled around outside unloading some lime that I want to put on the gardens and yard. We had salmon, wild rice, fresh green beans and a salad for supper Yumm!!! Afterwards I did the cleanup and then we settled into Fox News and eventually I took control of the channel changer as the Bucs were on as well as flipping back to the World Series. The Bucs took apart the Viking in a good game with some fistacuffs as well as some hard hitting. We(Bucs) needed a reward of victory after playing well in a couple games they should have won, LATER 

No comments: