Sunday, October 28, 2012

Saturday

Well it was one of those days where the weather fore cast is predicating bad weather with high winds and possibility of snow on Sunday night; so we spent as much time or at least I did outside. I actually wore cut offs and a t-shirt as the temps were in the 60's. We started the day around 8 AM with our quiet times and then a breakfast of buckwheat cakes slathered with butter and honey, yeow was that ever good. After the clean up I headed out to finish liming the back yard and to add lime to the gardens. I even planted my potatoes for next year. I know your saying "what" but its true as I learned from the past couple years the taters will come up in the spring as they are cold hearty. I've always missed a few when digging them in the fall and sure enough last year when we came up there were a dozen or so hills of taters about a foot high.

Speaking of planting taters in the winter my grand father always planted his at that time as well and was one of the first people in the county to have taters up in the spring. I found this out by accident and now I save all my little ones and just plant them deep and then cover the garden in leaves. After doing that I piddled around doing some small things outside then we had a bowl of the last of the Zuppa for lunch; that is one of the best soups around. After lunch Nancy finally came outside and she too wore shorts but with a sweat shirt so we took off through the woods to the top of the mountain on our daily hike. We had a short visit with Norman on top then headed down to Joe and Jetta's. We saw Joe's new Jeep truck and boy its a beauty; red in color, 4 wheel drive and a long bed and in good shape for being 36 years old.

We headed on back and by now its going on 4 PM so I wanted to catch a little college football and what a game between Georgia and Florida. The Bulldogs held on to beat the Gators in a close scoring bout, but there was some hitting going on in that game. Lots of injuries and turnovers as a result of the tackling on both teams. Yikes!!!! The Seminoles won big over Duke and the Giants are one game away from sweeping the Tigers in the World Series. It was a great evening for me and sports. Nancy spent the evening punning on Face Book with her buddies. Where does this gal come up with all her puns???

We are cleaning out the cupboards so we won't have to carry food back to Florida as she found some taco shells. So we had taco's for supper. I spoke with Bobby on his way back from Sarasota where he cooked for 45 folks last evening at a black tie dinner, yeow the menu sounded wonderful but he had been there preparing since early that morning. Well it's worship day at Cornerstone on Sunday as well as Homecoming so we will eat some the fabulous food prepared by some of the greatest home cooking folks I know after the service, LATER

No comments: