Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday

Well we were awakened in the wee hours of the morning to a down pour of rain beating on the tin roof and it continued right up to about daybreak when it stopped and the fog began rolling in. We had about 6 tenths of the wet stuff. Thankfully it was rather warm at 54 degrees compared to last weeks temp at 39. After our quiet times and a breakfast of hot biscuits with sausage and egg I helped with getting the cabin cleaned after our weeks worth of company. I vacuumed the up stairs as Nancy made up the beds then vacuumed down stairs as well. I noticed the fog lifted and a bright sunshine cleared out the area.

I headed out side to place my trays of seedling in the sunlight after being closed up in the dark basement overnight. I then fired up the golf cart and headed out to the back woods yard to remove some down limbs that littered the areas. I was surprised at how warm it was at 60 degrees and informed Nancy it was time to take a hike. We headed out and when we reached the top of the mountain the temp read 72 at one of our neighbors outside thermometer. It was almost too warm for long sleeves and pants. We stopped and talked with Norm's for a few minutes and he seemed in good spirits. We headed on down the mountain to the cabin and it was nearly 1:30 before we set down to a lunch of leftovers. The leaf colors in the ridges seemed to be a little vibrant today. We headed out on the golf cart to the mailbox and saw our neighbor Keys. He has a mobile home at the start of our drive. We visited with him for nearly a 1/2 hour. That was the first time we ever had a conversation with him.






I headed out on the golf cart to Norm's and fired up his rotor-tiller where I did his garden then did my corn patch and finally ended up at Joe and Jetta's garden. It was nearly 5 PM before I got back to the cabin. I hope to do my gardens tomorrow. We had a salad and some left over steak for supper along with some buttered bread. After the clean up we settled in to watch the Fox News Network to get fair, balanced and unafraid newscasts, LATER  I almost forgot I'm going to read the book THE AMATEUR.. Barack Obama in the white house by Edward Klein. This should give me a little more insight into this man who is making such drastic changes in our nation. Here are a few pics Nancy took while I was on top of the mountain.

No comments: