Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday

Well did we ever have or I had a sleepless night. I was so pumped after the debate last night that I was not sleepy at 11:30 so I picked up a new book my baby sister Dee gave me on Labor Day. Well I wound up reading 5 chapters and most of it was out loud to Nancy . I spent the rest of the night wrestling with the contents of this supposedly true story. The title of the book is THE HARBINGER by Jonathan Cahn. Let me just say this story will blow your mind about the prophetic message for American from the example of Israel 2500 years ago and the scripture of Isaiah 9:10. All GOD fearing people especially Americans need to read this story.

I tossed and turned until 7 AM when I decided to start the day which is about an hour and half earlier than we have been recently getting up. I checked the temp and it was nearly 60 degrees but overcast. I warmed up the golf cart and headed out to the mailbox to get a couple birthday cards in the early mail pickup. It was rather nippy on the cart especially since there was no sunshine but that changed around 11 AM when the sun came out and it warmed up enough to change into cutoffs and sandals for our mountain top hike. We visited with friends John and Shirley as well as Jetta and it was after 1:30 before we got back to the cabin. I raked a few trash cans of leaves then we had the last of the vegetable soup for lunch.

I did manage to weed whack the yards and that will probably be the last time I do that this year as the grass has really slowed down and we are expecting very cold temps starting Sunday night. I plan on mowing the yards on Friday also probably for the last time this year. We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the deck in the warm sunshine reading until it was time to start supper.

Nancy made a white cream sauce in a casserole of spuds and I grilled a couple pork chops and made a fresh garden salad. I did pick a few young tender beet greens as well as some fresh kale to add to the salad. Yikes was that ever a great tasting supper and we licked the platter clean. After the clean up I checked in with the Fox News Network for some fair, balanced and unafraid news updates. It was conclusive that Gov. Romney out debated the president last night and actually showed him up with his plan to turn our failing economy around after the presidents lack of leadership the past 4 years. The evidence speaks for itself.

Well tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day before big changes in the weather come our way on Sunday, LATER

No comments: