Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wednesday

Well its hot and muggy once again but the breeze has made it bearable enough that under the big oak in the backyard its pleasant. The morning started out with the usual wake up around 5'ish with big mouth Chester crowing his head off. After my quiet moments and a bowl of fruit for breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. Once again we had a nice crowd of rather good players so the action was fast and continuous. I was whupped by 10 AM so I headed home after a quick stop at the library. Nancy was on her way to the rec so we passed enroute.

I think we have a found a solution to her fluttering heart and it was the medicine she was taking for acid reflux or better know as GERD. The best and quickest solution is a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in about 4 oz. of water before every meal and then don't mix proteins and starches when you eat; in other words no baked spuds with your steak and salad. I know it sounds healthy but if your having any digestion problems at all don't mix the two at the same meal. In just 2 days we have known a remarkable difference in her overall well being.

After getting back from the rec I watered the gardens and got ready for the lunch crowd; GG, Amy and the kiddos. After eating a fresh garden salad I headed in to try and program my new Garmin GPS 2250. I managed to get it registered on line but some how I'm having a difficult time in getting it to program the maps, any suggestions out there? Oh well I will need Tyler to look at it as there must be some simple solution but I'm a little challenged when it comes to understanding how to upgrade, program, down grade and how all that I.T. stuff works. Thankfully I have a son and son-in-law who are up to snuff on all this electronic age. I still have trouble using the right click on the mouse.

Little Sam is a mud puppy as he just loves playing in the dirt. I was the same when I was his age and just loved playing with bugs, worms, etc. He is in his own world when outside playing after lunch. Two days in a row Amy has had to give him a bath before putting him in the car to go home. He loves being outside. After Amy took GG home and headed to her place I got a mess of collards cooking and then read the rest of the afternoon until it was time to fix supper. Once again we forgone meat(protein) and settled on oven taters'(starch) rolled in olive oil, fresh chopped Rosemary and parsley along with fresh cooked collards in a ham base for seasoning, yikes was that ever dewisheous and Nancy had no side effects as she drank her mixture of ACV in a little water before eating.

Our good friend and house church leader, Dan is trying to pass a kidney stone on his own(its happened before) so we cancelled house church this week. Nancy and I took a nice long evening stroll through the the hood after supper and it was just a beautiful evening. We stopped off and visited an old friend in the hood before heading home. I had set the sprinkler on the front yard and moved it a couple more times during the evening. I moved into the other room to watch Survivor while Nancy was tuned into the Idol. Not much else going on but by 10 PM my eyelids were heavy, LATER

No comments: