Friday, March 16, 2012

Thursday

Well it was another nice day with temps in the 80's, lots of bright sunshine but the humidity is back, not quite with vengeance but its on the horizon. Those of you who have experienced it know what I'm writing about, anyhow Chester was his usual self at 5'ish in the morning with his wake up crow. After my quiet time and just a bowl of fruit with 1/2 a banana for breakfast, I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a nice group for most of the morning with some good play and by 10 AM I had a wet shirt. I stopped off at the library and picked up several books that I had ordered through the county wide integrated system. Wow I love this system and believe it or not the little library in Sparta has the same system for N.C.

After the workout and library stop I pedalled over to my barber shop and had my ears lowered while Nancy was at the rec for her treadmill workout. I came back and did the match up paint for the stucco job I finished last week and it turned out O.K. Nancy was pleased so that made the job's quality control final. I did some watering the gardens and looked for some beet seeds as it's a waning moon cycle and the time is right for planting veggies that produce underground, but I had used up all my seed so its a stop off at Home Depot(its closer than Lowes) for some this week end.

Nancy took her mom to her doctors appointment for her hearing aids and so far she really hears a lot better and they are nearly invisible while looking at her. They seem to be working out just fine for her and her doctor is from Martinsburg. W.Va. where my oldest sister(Josie/Sharon) lives. It seems the doctors family is well know in the town as they own an operate an appliance store, small world. It's nice to know people are reputable and come from good family backgrounds.

GG, Amy and the kiddos came for supper. Nancy fixed burritos; ground meat with taco seasoning, refried beans and tortillas and chopped up tomato's, lettuce, onions, green peppers, shredded cheeses and sour cream; of course I add hot peppers and habanero sauce to mine, yikes it that ever good eatin'. I set the sprinkler for the front yard again after supper as the dang squirrels sure keep it aerated by their constant digging for buried acorns. Amy took GG home on her way home so I tuned in to some basketball, hockey and read until it was lights out for me, LATER

No comments: