Saturday, March 10, 2012

Friday

Well it was another typical Florida day with temps in the 80's but a nice breeze kept it pleasant enough to work outside. I sure missed running around chasing that little green pickle ball but I did have a wet shirt most of the day and it wasn't from being in the gym. The morning started much the usual with Chester having his crowing duel with the other rooster that's kept in the garage. He will be right in vogue come Sunday morning as we jump ahead and lose and hour due to DST, anyhow after my quiet time and a lite breakfast of cereal with fruit I headed out to work in the yard and garden until Nancy got back from taking her mother to the doctor.

I loaded up a chain saw and leaf blower and headed over to GG's house to trim limbs that were hanging over her roof then blew the leaves out of the gutters and off the roof. Well that kept me busy for a couple hours and boy did I have a pile of limbs that had to be cut up in length's and tied into bundles for the garbage man on Tuesday. I finished up about lunch time so we headed back to the house to have lunch with GG, Amy and Sam. Sam and I played outside after lunch until it was time to take GG home and then make a Home Depot stop. I needed some stucco material as well as some elastomeric white paint to coat the flat roof in back. I do this every year and the flat roof seems to be holding up quite well, plus it helps to reflect the sunlight during the hot summer months. I also changed out the back door knob as it been real hard to lock for some reason.

We had fried fish(Swaii) for supper along with some fresh green beans and broccoli from the garden, yikes is that ever the best tasting fish and at $3 a pound its hard to beat as well. After the clean up we took off on a 45 minute or so walk through the hood until nearly dark. I set the sprinkler on the front yard and despite the squirrels digging a 100 holes a day the grass is starting to spread and green up.

Well tomorrow is another busy day with lots of little jobs to do and then Sunday is celebrate Jill's birthday with a big supper here for all the family, LATER

No comments: