Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesday

Well today was another busy day as I started the morning with a wake up crow around 5'ish once again, I guess that's better than the 4:30 crow; I still want to see his picture on a milk bottle, oh well!!! After the quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a good crowd and I learned the 4 players who went to Clearwater for a tournament won everything; men's doubles, women's doubles and mixed doubles. That sure is an indicator of the quality of play for the Seminole gang, congrats to; Keith, Stu, Mitsuko and Cheryl for taking all the top awards. I opted out due to an old nagging Achilles injury but would have looked forward to playing against new players.

After the workout I stopped off at the library for a couple new reads before pedalling home to work around the house. I painted a primer coat on the new stucco patch and it turned out good and tomorrow I will match the paint for the final coat. Nancy was off shopping with her mom and they came back just in time for lunch. We had some left over soup along with sandwiches. Amy and the kiddos were here as well as Sam had his 2 year checkup at the doctors. He is a fine specimen of all boy and the doctor came up with the same diagnosis as well. He an Ava both have a little summer cold or maybe some allergies due to all the yellow pollen dust in the air from the oaks trees, but they are active and just a couple sweethearts.

After they left for their naps I worked on my income taxes and completed that finally. There is nothing like finding out if you have to pay up or not at the end of the year as it seems the govt is in the business of income redistribution for those who worked all of their life to make sure those who are lazy or less inclined are given freebies. Yikes does this sound like big brother telling you what to do with your money, anyhow I completed that task and for once I over paid a little so as not to have to pay a penalty for underpaying enough during the year, wow is that not convoluted?? By the time I finished that task and e-filed; it was close to 5 and time to start on supper. I headed out to cut some fresh kale, picked lettuces and a pepper to go along with Salmon cakes, steamed kale and a baked potato. After the cleanup we headed out for our evening walk and it was really nice with a good breeze and no humidity. I set the sprinkler on the front yard again as the grass it really starting grow despite the 100 or so holes dug everyday by those pesky squirrels. We(my neighbor) have moved at 2 dozen out of our yards by traps across the 4-lane to the library but there is always replacements. Thankfully I have a shallow well which really helps with keeping my garden and yards irrigated.

Well I read and peaked at the tube until bedtime as Nat Geo had a special on Yellowstone and the wild life during the winter months. There was some incredible footage regarding their survival during fires, blizzards and when you became the next meal. LATER

No comments: