Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday

Well once again it was another busy day after the 5'ish wake up crow from next door. Chester and Sam played together through the fence as they raced one another along the fence. After my quiet time and a bowl of fruit for breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball, we had a huge crowd today with some excellent play. Afterwards I headed out to the library before heading home to do some garden work. I picked lettuce and then made a large salad for lunch as Amy was picking up GG and coming for lunch. Nancy was already watching the kiddos as Amy had an appointment. Sam and I played cars and read books until lunch time.

After lunch we all headed outside as the weather was gorgeous; Nancy had the windows open and the a/c off as the days have been very unsually dry and breezy. After the kids left Nancy took off for the rec and I read until it was time to pick green beans for supper. I had enough 1/2 runners for a nice pot and we finished the left over smoked rib roast as well. Nancy has been having some indigestion problems and the medicine the doctor prescribed is giving her heart fluttering, so we decided that from now on, no starches when we have meat. I've been studying the digestion process and learned proteins are digested in the stomach which is acidity and starches are digested in the small intestine which is alkaline and when you mix the two there is some GERD that occurs which can result in acid reflux and causes some damage to the esophagus or heartburn or such plain indigestion. Anyhow it seems when we are younger the body can handle the mixing of the two food groups but as you get older the result is what Nancy is experiencing. All of the medicines, even the OTC have an ingredient which have one of the side effects of the heart fluttering, racing or slow downs. This has caused some major re-evaluations for us to our way of eating.

After my research and the kids had all left and Amy drove GG home, we chilled until it was time to eat. Afterwards I headed out to mow the yards and edge the back gardens with my shovel. Nancy used the blower to clean the sidewalks while I finished up the back yards. Dan and Carole walked by as he is still trying to pass that kidney stone but with no results as of yet, so we walked around the big block with them; walking seemed to help a little with the pain. After they left I hand watered the front yard after fertilizing and by then it was after 8 PM. Time for the showers and by 10 PM its was lights out for me.LATER

No comments: