Friday, March 30, 2012

Thursday

Well where did this week go?? The morning started much the usual with a 5'ish wake up crow from Chester next door. I think I found out why he crows so early and its because of the neighbor behind us. He gets up at 5 and turns his outside flood lights on so his dogs can see and that in turn confuses Chester into thinking the sun is rising. I notice when the neighbor isn't up that early Chester crows later; sure glad I figured that out because for a moment I thought we had a freak for a rooster living next door. Anyhow after the wake up I did my quiet time then had a bowl of grapefruit with some blueberries before heading out to the rec.

We had a good crowd of players with some really fun matches up until a few of the 10 o'clock crowd showed early then the level of play went quickly down hill. I left a 1/2 hour early as well as did a few others plus I was whupped(tired out). I headed home to head out to St.Pete to pick up a slider rocker for the nursery at Element which was purchased on Craigslist. We then stopped by an auto upholstery shop to get an estimate on repairing the driver side seat which has a small hole. We can't figure how that occurred but I don't want it to get any larger.

We stopped and visited our friend Ralph Payne who is in the rehab facility on Park Blvd. He is suffering from congestive heart failure and isn't doing well. Seems he was in the hospital for about 2 weeks before they sent him to this nice facility to rehab. Hopefully he will progress enough to be able to go home but its not looking like that will be anytime soon. Keep him and Sarah Ann in your thoughts and prayers.

After leaving them we came home and Nancy fixed a frozen pizza for lunch while I vacuumed and then spot cleaned the rocker. I also took the base off so we can close the topper on the truck as we will be taking it to Tampa on Sunday. After lunch I decided to blow the roof off of the fuzzies, leaves and small limbs that constantly gather there as I wanted to get the flat roof ready for its annual coat of white elastomeric paint. Well as I walked along the cabled portion of the roof I noticed a weak spot in the shingled area near a valley, yikes that means something is not right structurally si I called my roofer and he is coming out next week and give it a look. At the least is a new shingle job for sure and hopefully no termite damage, anyhow that will be a major project. I had that roof put on in 1993 so maybe it time for a new roof. Oh well!!!

My neighbor Wade gave us a package of link deer sausage the other evening as he knew we liked deer and he can't eat it anymore, so we fixed that on the grill after boiling it much like brauts. It was tasty and we ate that along with a salad and left over collards, notice no starches and now Nancy's tummy is doing so much better. After supper we took a long stroll through the hood and it seemed everyone was out walking their dogs so we struck up conversations with several. It was nearly 8 before we got back to the house. We watched Idol and then read a little before getting ready for lights out, LATER

No comments: