Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wednesday

It was just a very spring like morning as I rode out to the rec after an early morning wake up crow from Chester next door. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal and grapefruit I pedalled out for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd to start with but eventually had 2 courts going most of the morning and there were lots of wet shirts by the end of our play period at 10 AM. I headed home as Nancy wanted to go Sam's Club as Amy and the kids weren't coming for lunch,plus I needed to fill up. It was $3.69 a gallon and its supposed to go even higher, Yikes!!! My tank is 30 gallons. We made a couple stops at Aldi's and the veggie stand on the way home as well.

After a lite lunch I headed back onto the computer as I had made a mistake(juggled a couple numbers out of sequence) on my tax return so I attempted to correct that error. I have been using Turbo Tax the past 4-5 years and so far its worked out fine. We were having house church at our house tonight so it was help get ready by vacuuming, etc. Nancy was making chocolate chip cookies for the gang and once more I passed on the dewisheous cookies; it hard to not eat any but the spare tire is getting bigger and I must get it down by the time I start back at the cabin.

I made an order with Burpee Seeds so I will plant Celebrity tomato's this summer at the cabin. They have done the best of any tomato I have ever grown as one year I gave buckets away and we even canned a couple quarts. They are the best as well for eatin'. I ordered a bunch of new cone flower seeds and hopefully they will stay around for years to come but for some reason it seems they grow legs and leave our flower gardens when we leave for Florida in the fall. We even find spots in the gardens where they have just taken the dirt with them as they walk away, Oh well!!! I think this year I will install a web cam as I want to watch this phenomena and maybe show it on America Funniest Videos. We are getting excited about the idea of heading north in May as that time draws nearer, especially all the fun work associated with gardening and enjoying the ambiance of the mountains and the cabin. We surely miss our friends and church family up there as well and of course look forward to our family and friends visiting us there as well.

We had 9 adults and one child for house church as we did a discussion on the chapter "disruptive honesty" Jesus displayed during his time on earth. The book Beautiful Outlaw by Eldridge is a very thought provoking book and great for group discussion. After they left we tuned into what was left of Survivor for me and American Idol for Nancy. I can't believe Monica(she is the wife of Bucs football player)was blindsided and voted off. She was undoubtedly the best woman player on the show in my opinion. Anyhow I read and tried to watch a little NCAA basketball until it was lights out for me. Nancy was still up around midnight, LATER

No comments: