Friday, March 2, 2012

Thursday



The day started out much the usual with the rooster(Chester)next door on DST which actually starts towards the end of the month, yikes 4:45 is just to early to start crowing; I like 5'ish better. Anyhow he got the ball rolling so I laid around until 6and was up to start the day with a cup of green tea as I did my quiet moments to reflect and give thanks. Afterwards I did the usual bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a banana and a grapefruit. I checked the scales after my workout and I've dropped a couple ounces from the spare tire so I'm delighted plus I've cut down on the size of my portions as well as the number of them. I must get in shape to tackle the mountain trails the end of May, Yea!!!

I headed out for some pickle ball on the bike for a good 2 plus hours of play with lots of wet shirts at the end of the session. The gym will be closed next week for 2 days for the local Seminole Pow Wow carnival that's takes place on the facility grounds so we will be once again without pickle ball, UGH!! I headed home on the bike to water the garden and my lettuce now is big enough to add to the salad bowl. Lettuce really likes cool nights and our nights are progressively getting warmer so I'm not sure if this batch will last as long as the last, anyhow I picked a nice mess of fresh kale and we steamed that to go along with parsley potato's and a salad for supper; meatless at least once a week but we had the leftover meatloaf for lunch so we had our share of protein for the day.

Amy and the kiddos went to the park for lunch so after watering the garden we headed out to Sam's Club for our weekly trip and took GG with us to get a few goodies. we picked up a couple flank steaks so Amy could marinate them for Friday nights birthday supper for Sam. He and Nancy have the same birth date(3rd) so we will be partying all weekend with suppers. Bob and his family will come over to Amy's on Friday as we celebrate a day early Sam's with a big supper and I'm not sure whats going on the other nights but we will attend a surprise party on Saturday night at the Kuyatts house in Riverview for Jill's dad who is turning 60. Once again that should be another party with lots of good eatin'. The weekend will be filled as we head over to Plant City after church on Sunday to eat at Fred's Buffet of home cooking to celebrate Carol and Nancy's birthday and to pick up Dan and Carol's case of blueberry wine at a local winery. Yikes there goes my spare tire.

After supper and the cleanup I set the sprinkler in the front yard as the grass is finally growing and sending out runners. The oak tree has shed its old leaves and the fuzzies are starting with the new growth leaves. We watched the news then settled in to watch 2 hours of Idol. The sandman was calling so it wasn't long until it was lights out for me. Oh I almost forgot to mention Nancy made Sam his birthday cake with a dinosaur on top and of course her famous chocolate cake with white icing. I will have to have a piece of that, spare tire or not. LATER

No comments: