Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friday

Well another busy day that ended with a very tasty turkey dinner at Amy and Tyler's but the morning started out much the usual with a 5'ish crowing from Chester and then my quiet time and a lite breakfast before pedalling out to the rec. We had a large crowd for pickle ball which now has the beginners and intermediate mingling with the more advanced on Fridays, so the level of rallies drops after the first hour or so; but that's good for them as they will only get better by playing up. I headed out after 2 hours to the weight room where I did 20 minutes on the elliptical so I finally got a wet shirt. I stopped off at the library before heading home.

I did a some hand watering and worked in the garden while waiting for Amy and Sam to arrive for lunch. After a nice lunch of fresh garden salad they headed out to pick up Ava from school and I read the afternoon away until it was time to get ready to head over to Amy's. I picked a nice bunch of green beans for supper and Nancy made a wild blackberry cobbler for dessert. We headed over to pick up GG on the way and made a quick stop at the bank for her before getting to Amy's. GG had made her famous dry stuffing and boy did that ever smell good along with the cobbler.

Amy had a small turkey along with smashed taters and gravy, wow was that ever cooked to perfection. She's becoming quite the cook as that was her first turkey. I gave her a hand full of herbs to stuff the turkey with and my was that tasty as well. Sam ate like I've never seen him eat. He has been picky eating lately but not last night as he had several helpings of turkey and gravy. After the dewisheous supper and dessert(I had to pass on the cobbler and ice cream as I'm still working on slimming down the spare tire) we played a game of Phase 10. GG clobbered us. She went out the first 5 rounds and when on to win big. That was the first games we had played since Pap passed and we had fun with some of his saying. It was a busy evening and way too much food. I watched a little of the NCAA playoffs before lights out. LATER

No comments: