Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Monday

Well the morning started out much the usual after a 5'ish wake up crow from Chester next door. I did my quiet time and had a bowl of oatmeal with lots of blueberries and a banana before heading out on my bike for the rec. Wow it was still dark as I rode out. We had 5 players to start with and a few more trickled in as the morning went along. Several of our players were playing in a tournament in Clearwater but I opted out as we have a home tournament next weekend plus my Achilles has been acting up since that last tournament which lasted all day.The starting and stopping between matches takes its toll on old previous injuries during tournament play, plus I have enough medals already(not to be conceited).

After the 2 plus hours of play I stopped off at the library then headed home to water the gardens. The lettuce is doing well and I spot picked the bush beans and are they ever good. We fixed them for supper in a sauce with deer tenderloin over Jasmine rice. Dewisheous(Annsley) and so easy to prepare as well. I will have to pick beans in a day or so as they are really starting to produce. We sliced up one of the few tomato's that matured and wow was it ever tasty for lunch with our salad. Yikes home grown tomato's are the best. I have lots of green ones but I'm fighting the nematodes again as they just suck the nutrients from the plants. I'm considering hydroponic growing them again but that is a real pain but it keeps the roots out of the ground.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and after they left for the day I worked on my taxes. Nancy took off to the Laundromat to wash some large comforters we brought back from the cabin that were too big for our machine. The day just flew by and it was almost 6 before we decided to fix supper and it was after 7 before we cleaned up and headed out for our evening stroll through the 'hood. It had cooled down enough to make it comfortable and so far the humidity the past couple days has been bearable. Not much else is going on except it felt great to be back on the pickle ball court after being off for the past 5 days. LATER

No comments: