Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monday

Well the morning was much the usual with a 5'ish wake up crow by Chester. He now has 1/2 dozen young supposely hen chicks in his yard with him so maybe he will stay quiet until a decent time of the morning. That's right more chickens and let's hope they are hens and not roosters. After the usual quiet moments and a lite breakfast of leftover wild blackberry cobbler with milk on it(I just couldn't bear to see this dessert go to waste as it sat in the fridge for 2 days) I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. Once again we had a nice gang with all decent players most of the morning and the play was fast with long rallies. After the play I stopped over in the weight room and did 10 extra minutes on the elliptical, yikes does that ever cause you to sweat even more.(got to deflate this spare tire)

I stopped by the library and picked up a new read before heading home. It was such a gorgeous day with no humidity and a strong east breeze that after lunch with Amy and the kiddos I climbed up on the roof with my neighbors extended chain saw and began sawing limbs off that hung over the roof. This saw extends up to 17 feet and boy did it make a breeze out of trimming this tree. Many thanks to John for offering the use of his saw as he was sitting in my back yard with his son Phoenix who was playing with Ava and Sam when Nancy suggested I trim the tree. Isn't it funny how all that works! Well I spent the next 3 hours working up those limbs some of which were pretty large luckily I was in the shade most of the time but I got all the wood trimmed out and sawed up and then hauled 3 wheelbarrow loads over to my neighbors house who has an outdoor fire pit.

We ate black beans and Jasmine rice for supper and then after the clean up took a long walk through the hood. We stopped off at neighbors Dan and Carol to check on Dan as he is having to pass a kidney stone. Seems he developed some pain in his back yesterday at church and since he has had one before, recognized the symptoms. He spent most of the day in bed with pain and now is just trying to pass the darn thing, yikes it sounds painful!

Well after the walk it was finish watching the FOX NEWS and once more we are disturbed with some open mike comments our president made to the Russian president that concerns our(the USA) safety in the world. I'm seriously beginning to question (this unknown man who was elected as our leader) this man and his desire for America to succeed. Mr. Obama's father in his book MY FATHERS DREAMS was very much an anti-colonists and of course America is perceived much like the British were as destroying the countries for their riches and then leaving the people to suffer. I really think he feels that way about our land and its people and he's out to change the landscape, Heaven help us if he is elected again. That's my take on him and his administration.

Well there wasn't much on the tube so I read until it was night, night around 10 PM, LATER

No comments: