Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tuesday

Well it was very strange spending the night alone and I surely didn't sleep very well being that Nancy spent the night with her mom. GG(mom) was scheduled for an early morning colonoscopy so Nancy decided it would be best to stay there in case she had any problems. Thankfully everything went well and there was no evident of any problems. After Chester woke me up, actually I was already awake so I just stayed up.

After my quiet time and a hardy breakfast I headed out to the rec around 8AM. The mixed doubles part of the tournament was being played at 9 so I headed up to get a workout warming up several players and be there in case a pardner never showed which happens occasionally; but everyone had a pardner so I headed into the weight room and got a wet shirt in no time on the elliptical for about 20 minutes, yikes what a workout that was but not nearly as much fun as chasing that green pickle ball. I stayed around and watched a couple good matches and saw the gold medal winners from Seminole(Keith and Cheryl) last week in Clearwater, lose in the first round to an unknown couple, yikes was that ever a surprise. Our other team of Stu and Judy from Seminole also lost in the first round. I then headed out for home.

Nancy was back from taking her mom and was waiting on a phone call when to pick her up. It wasn't long until GG was ready for pickup so Nancy headed out and spent the rest of the day with her in case she had any problems. I watered the gardens and caught up on some reading and checked on our good friend Gerald in the mountains, who had been admitted to the hospital. Seems he had contracted a form of dysentery which really dehydrated him as well as caused severe pain. They finally found out the cause was some form of a virus and started him on an anti-biotic. He seemed according to him nearly a 100% better. We are glad to hear that good news. It seems this virus is very contagious and was being spread throughout the county in various forms of illness, yikes!! I remember flying to several third world countries during the Viet Nam war and that dysentery was very evident on the list of diseases we were inoculated against. Oh well!!!

I headed over to GG's for supper and we had bought a large frozen lasagna that feeds a bunch so Amy, Tyler and the kids along with Betsy ate. We had a nice salad and crusty bread to accompany as well. After the clean up we headed out and then got in a nice long walk through the hood before dark. I once again set the sprinkler on the front yard hoping the grass will eventually take over the dirt hill. Nancy was exhausted so she got ready for bed as it seems she didn't sleep well the night before, she was out by 10 PM. I watched a little of the special on the Arctic's and read until the sandman finally came calling, LATER

No comments: