Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wednesday

Well it was a busy day with lots going on as the morning started out with a 5'ish wake up by Chester next door crowing like crazy. His crowing will fit right in this week end as the time changes and we lose an hour, yeah! That means we are closer to getting out of Florida for the summer and back to our beloved mountains and friends there. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I rode out to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a great group of players and it was busy with long rallies and fast exchanges. This is a fun game and its a great cardio workout when played with intensity and is easily adapted to a regular tennis court. After my workout I stopped at the library to return some books and I picked up Joe McGinness book THE ROGUE about Sarah Palin, yikes does that ever cause you to re-evaluate your opinion or thinking of her and her family. I have some different thoughts about that gal.

After the library I pedalled home to find Ava and Sam visiting as Amy had an appointment. Ava was still coughing and had a runny nose so she stayed out of school for a second day. They took off around 11:30 as they were going to Tampa to meet Tyler for lunch and Nancy had to take her mom for a mammogram and a chest x-ray around noon. I set the sprinklers and then read until Nancy got home. Well it seems the x-ray revealed a nodule in GG's lungs so she has to go to another doctor on Friday for blood work and then go for an MRI. We are certainly keeping this unexpected occurrence in our thoughts and prayers.

We had house church tonight at 6:30 with a pizza, bread sticks and cupcakes supper. I managed to refrain from the cupcakes. We had a large crowd with 11 adults and 3 kids. After they left we got in most of Idol and Survivor. I watched a little of the USF basketball team play Villanova at Madison Square Garden until after 11PM. They were winning big but didn't look to sharp to me when I decided to call it a night, LATER

No comments: